What Do I Do If My Tooth Hurts?
Posted November 01, 2017 in Uncategorized
Do you have a toothache or just a pain in one of your teeth? Here is a great guide on what to do.
Call Your Dentist
Schedule an exam so they can treat your situation accordingly. Remember, OC Healthy Smiles is open early mornings, evening, and weekends if an emergency arises
If you can’t get to the dentist immediately, here are some tips on how to relieve the pain until you can be seen
1. Floss around the sore tooth to remove bits of food that may be stuck in your teeth
2. Rinse with warm salt water
3. Use a cold compress to reduce inflammation
4. Use Advil or Ibuprofen to further reduce swelling, inflammation, and relieve pain
When do I go to the ER?
1. If you have trouble breathing or swallowing
2. If your eyes are swollen or swelling shut
Their are a number of things that could cause a toothache, and our first priority is to get you our of pain and to find out how to proper treat your situation. If you are experiencing a toothache, please call (714) 545-0484 to schedule your appointment.